FDC are looking for fork lift truck drivers to work on the night shift in our TPN Northern Hub (The Pallet Network Ltd).
Benefits include paid breaks and a starting wage of £9.00 per hour.
The usual working hours are 18:30pm until 04:30am Monday to Friday.
At least 12 months counter balance experience is preferred.
Fork Lift Truck Drivers Job Summary
FDC Holdings Ltd are based on Walton Summit in Preston.
We are a hub for northern pallet delivery companies and handle up to 40 vehicles each night, unloading around 50 pallets each, then reloading them once sorted into areas (much like how royal mail works, but with pallets).
This is a very busy and fast paced environment, which at times can be demanding.
Fork Lift Truck Drivers Responsibilities and Duties
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
· Ensure that a professional image of themselves and the company is presented at all times
· Unload and load freight within service levels of agreement
· Maintain clean presentable warehouse/FLT’s at all times
· Ensure that all paperwork is properly distributed
· Ensure that daily checks are actioned to support the company Health and Safety criteria
· Ensure driving ability adheres to the safety of others.
· Oversee safe loading and unloading of goods to avoid pallet damage
· Responsible for the security of loads
· To report any accidents or ‘near misses’ at the time or nearest/ safest opportunity
· To develop and maintain positive customer relationships
· To deliver exceptional customer service at all times and accept personal ownership of any problems communicated by customers
· Adhere to drivers procedures
· To lead and give example to other drivers offering suuport
· Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment
· To carry out other tasks that may be required by the company from time to time